Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Vertigo: video and poetry


I began with black and white triangles and added a background. After working on the outlines of the triangles and changing their shape.

The result produces the sensation of a leaf slipping back and forth on air currents on it's way to the ground from the branch. Below is a poem I wrote a while ago.  There have been many changes to it and this form has changed from the time I put it on the paper here. The artwork I made a couple days ago.  The music in the video is by Bill Canino.

September Incident

The locust drops its leaves
one by one.

Simply crafted yellow air foils,
wafting,
   skipping,
       sliding,
         tumbling
in the slight,
   changing currents
     of air,
fall to the ground.


8/09/05 © David H. Roche










No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.