Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Scavengers At The End Of Civilization (poetry and art by David H. Roche)

I was walking down the street
without a dime and nothing to eat
just then I saw a sign that said
"financial adviser straight ahead",
I went in to see what he could do.

My wallet was bare when I sat down
"You need money", is what he said.
"Get out of here you bum
or I'll call the cops
and they'll knock you on your head."
I said, "Wait a minute,"

and took off my shoe
and then looked up
sad as sad can be,
My wallet was empty, and now
my sock had a hole in it too.




So he kicked me out onto the street
without a dime and nothing to eat,
I learned a lesson on that day
if you need money 
don't go to a financial adviser,
it doesn't work that way.

Poetry and art by David H. Roche (C) 2015

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.