Total Pageviews

Friday, August 11, 2017

Thank You Lord (poetry)

4





6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, 
and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
7 Let him drink, and forget his poverty, 
and remember his misery no more. 
Proverbs 31.
8


That's what the bible says.

I wrote the poem below after reading my bible and being lead by the Spirit to bend down and look in the back of the refrigerator. 

I could hardly believe my eyes,
there were four pints of beer in the fridge 
after drinking six: 
and the seventh
was better than the first.

So I wrote the poem below
and praised God for His wisdom.



Thank You Lord 
(for the four forgotten pints)

Imagine finding
      four forgotten pints
             in the back of the fridge
                on a day that hasn't ended
   after drinking six.

       I praise your wisdom
        allowing me to forget
           the four forgotten pints
               you lead me to remember
          today.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.