Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Light Shining Through

This old barn has caught my attention of late. I have photographed it often in the recent past. This evening at dusk just before sunset I went out with my camera to see what I would find. I found the old barn as usual and noticed a speck of light shining through it. It was something I had not noticed before. It certainly has to do with the time of day. The light was coming from the west side and shining through the window on the east. I took these photographs.


































































I found that the window in the barn actually peers through one side of the barn and out of the other; perhaps it is not a window on the other side, but a hole made by the passage of time.

I see a metaphor of many things with the old barn having served its usefulness; full of accumulated junk and now the light shining through.

On my 60th birthday I feel an affinity with the old wreck of a barn and sense the light shining through myself.

Soon the night will come.

And the morning must of necessity follow.


Photographs and text copyright by David H. Roche 2006




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.