Total Pageviews

Friday, June 13, 2008

The Truth About Maple Trees: This is how I see it

I took these photographs because what I was seeing 'caught my eye'.

The maple seeds at my feet spoke to me. I've labeled this series of photographs "Textures".

I found this encounter profound. (click on the photographs, they get bigger.)







You can begin to see why this is named "Textures".







These seeds caught my eye and made me think.


















And then there was this. These maple leaves are producing next years seeds, or did the seeds produce the maple tree? It's a puzzle isn't it?

In western culture this is an enigma. Which came first, the chicken or the egg. It's not a problem for me.

Things just seem to keep going.


So I'm just spending a lazy summer afternoon thinking on the back porch and not a worry on my mind.

If George W. Bush decides to destroy the world what does that mean? Well it means he's a fool, for one thing. And of course, from the preceding evidence, this world will not be destroyed. Life is to strong!! Even G.W. Bush cannot destroy reality! Like Hitler his concepts are just a distortion, another wave in the matrix of the space time continuum. He and his ilk suppose there is an end to things. How foolish they are.

The Buddhists have a concept of time more appropriate to what we can deduce here. It involves huge amounts of time
which eclipses the 6000 years that others assign to the human experience and it corresponds more easily to science. We have 4 billion more years of sunlight available to us. Do you think G.W. Bush can keep the maple trees from growing forever?



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalpa_(time_unit)



We're lead to understand that the sun will explode in another 4 billion years and that we will all be extinguished.



http://www.frontiernet.net/~docbob/sun.htm



Then what? Well things seem to continue, as my photographs allude and here we are.

We're here to stay, and if we fail again, let's try again.

Let's do better next time.

That's how I see it.

Text and photographs Copyright 2008 David H. Roche

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.