Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fire and Ice

I began making the video with the following picture. From that starting point I applied Paint.net to the original image and came out with something quite a bit different from what I began with.







I began doing this kind of art with an idea drawn from the Taoist tradition.  I thought of the empty bowl.  A discussion of the idea which inspired and informed me can be read at the Personal Tao.

The idea I begin with is that there is virtually unlimited potential in anything. This virtue is present and observed in the operating principles of the natural world. I think of it as an analog of the E= MC2  principle applied to consciousness.




I never cease to surprise myself when I see what I end up with.  In this instance I began with the photograph of a bud encased in ice. It held the potential to produce something completely unexpected.

I added some of my standard "Fire People" characters as I saw how the original was morphing.





Art by David H. Roche
(C) 2014


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.