Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Elk On Christmas Morning 2015

I was headed across the street with a cup of coffee to the neighbors house and I caught a glimpse of some elk on the opposite side of the pond.  So I walked over to the other side to see if I could get a better look.

I was quite surprised at the size of the herd.  Usually I see them in much smaller groups. 

The 'lake' they are wading through is in actuality a pasture.  But we have had quite a bit of rain this month.

I took the video with my Samsung phone which does a great job.  My hands were shaking from the cold.  I allowed YouTube to take out the shakiness and they did a good job, but it truncated the video to some extent.  Either way it turned out pretty nice.  It was a gorgeous almost mystical scene with the mist, the sunrise and the elk ploughing through the water.



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.