Total Pageviews

Monday, June 12, 2017

Dragonfly: photography of a dragonfly by David H. Roche

I happened upon a dragonfly who had attached itself to a blade of grass. It was a breezy day and this insect clung tenaciously to a blade of grass even after I plucked it. He did not let go until I placed the grass on a chair.   


It's quite a pretty insect.  A number of years ago I witnessed a dragonfly catch another bug in the air. It overtook the other insect and when it came alongside it turned its body 90 degrees and grabbed the other insect with its legs or feet or whatever they are called. It just like turned on its side and grabbed the other insect without missing a wingbeat. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.