Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 01, 2019

9:30 November 30, 2019 (Poetry Meditation)



Below is a poem written with the intent of revealing what had occurred shortly after scattering seed on the lawn.  The grass was frozen and the bird feeders were empty because I had been running out of seed and had been trying to stretch it until I could get to the store.  I scattered the last of the seed and went inside.  By the time I was back to my coffee the birds were on the lawn. By writing the poem I was trying to make a picture of a moment with words instead of a camera.

9:30 November 30, 2019



At 7:44
on the last day of November
the temperature was
30 degrees,

at 9:30
the temperature
is 32 degrees.

In an ice blue sky
a cold sun shines
on red-winged blackbirds and doves
gleaning the last handfuls of seed and corn
from the dormant grass
on the last day of November. 



© David H. Roche

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.