Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sunrise



First light ....

blue on the lake.














October Mist: Heron in Owasco Lake

Quietness.
The lapping
of ripples,
wind in the poplars.

Gray in gray,
dawn and mist
form a seclusion
enclosing me,
holding me.

A silhouette.

Gray in gray;
elegant neck cocked,
slender, turning,
disappearing
at ninety degrees
through his rotation
and reappearing:
gray enclosed in gray.

I think of his patience.
But patience is not in his world.
That is my world.
He is.
Simply is.

The neck darts,
straightens
and compresses,
folding down onto his body -
success -

and then stretches erect;
the familiar silhouette
gray in gray
at dawn.

10/05/05 © David H. Roche
















The day begins.
colors ... colors ... colors.


Just this Moment: Sunrise

At sunrise
the colors of dawn
mixed with the stubble
in the fields become internalized
into a dreamy mellow mood.

The air is warm, the sky clear
with pastel marbling at the eastern edge.
The dog at my side runs ahead
to sniff at the evidence of something
that has passed in the night, squatting
over it as if to say: 'I'm here too.'

Nothing much going on.
Just presence in the moment,
complete and at home in my own skin
on the hill, at sunrise, with the dog.

10/04/05




Along the roadside

life happens

under the sun









Photographs and poetry Copyright by David H. Roche

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.