Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Shapes of Things

I have my eye caught by shapes and designs where ever I go. Sometimes I am lucky to have my camera with me. I hope you enjoy seeing them. I enjoy them. The bridge below is at Filmore Glen State Park in Moravia N.Y. the rest of the shapes are found in the vicinity surrounding my home.








A bridge in the forest,




... the grace with which it impresses the mind as viewed through the trees from a distance. It possesses a grace, an almost impossible concept of stones suspended in the air. 'Can't be!' But there they are










The bridge presents many shapes depending on the perspective in which is it viewed, but all are elegant and graceful









The apple tree has seen some hard years,
it will probably see some more. My eye was caught by the tortured shape it had assumed, and my thoughts were of how it refused to give up and continued on






Mother Earth:

The shapes appear randomly. I find this one intriguing and evocative of the fecund sensuality of life.










Tranquility in the wee hours of morning.

The gentle colors of the night sky
evoked by the light of the moon, the peaceful outline of the barn someplace in the universe, nestled together they are partners in an eternal waltz in the ballroom of the moon.




















Photographs and text by David H. Roche Copyright 2007









No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.