Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Visitation


I had the opportunity to go into town and brought my camera along. Astoria is a charming old city. It's architecture is fascinating to photograph. Situated on the banks of the Columbia River, Astoria is only 4 miles from Washington State where marijuana is legal. Oregon has decided to keep marijuana illegal. I suppose now there will be increased illegal drug traffic and law enforcement expenses thanks to the voters of Oregon.

What follows is some of the strikingly attractive buildings along the main street.


There could hardly be more varied styles juxtaposed together. But it all seems to fit like a patchwork quilt.


My eye was caught by the zig zag of the stairs.


The 'Tidal Rock' I saw for the first time today.




There it is.


This little sign for a coffee shop caught my eye.


The Liberty Theatre is right next door.



My eye gets caught by angles. The angles were what I saw that made me take the picture below.



After working on it it turned into the psychedelic style art below. An ordinary alley

turned into a neat little out of the ordinary poster.

The two figures in the foreground are constructed from pieces of flames I photographed and reassembled. According to biblical imagery God makes his ministers 'flames of fire' so I had that in mind when working on the picture.


Visitation is available for purchase at my store at Zazzle.com by clicking on the image below.


Visitation
Visitation by Hermenutic
Get the best in online poster printing at zazzle.com

(C) 2012 David H. Roche

a Clear Running Water state of mind

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.