Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Leftover Dreams" and "There's Nothing You Need To Do" poetry, art and photography



"Leftover Dreams" and "There's Nothing You Need To Do" are two little videos I made in the last few days.  I utilized a poster I had made of Bob Marley as the background in "Leftover Dreams." 



I started by looking through the pictures I had made in the month of September and August thinking I'd make something out of them. I had made the Marley poster slightly earlier possibly in June. 

I was surprised to find some of the pictures I did find. I had forgotten I had made them.  

The one below is titled "Jah" and is a derivative of the image in the previous poster.



As I was working on "Leftover Dreams" and talking to myself about what I could do to make my labor productive a poem came to me and then the video seemed to put itself together. I have two versions of the poem now. One of them is in the video.

The title "Leftover Dreams" came to me after I tried half a dozen titles. It was the key. As soon as I settled on the title the video took it's final shape.  

Waking in the night
I saw your face
at my window.

You were weaving draperies for my wall
on a loom made of moonlight
with threads made from memories
and shadows cast by falling leaves...
and things I've never seen before.

(there is an alternate second verse at this point and maybe more to come.)

You were weaving draperies for my wall
on a loom made of moonlight
with threads made from memories
and shadows cast by leaves falling
from trees I've planted ...
and things I've never seen before.

Enjoy the video:




Below is a second video, "There's Nothing You Need To Do".



Enjoy the video.




Art, photography and poetry by David H. Roche
(C) 2014

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.