Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Premonitions

 


Premonitions: a video  





As a result of the President going around the nation encouraging the spread of COVID by the assembling of mass gatherings I made a video from art I made earlier. We are not suffering only from COVID. We are suffering as well from Trump's anti-human economic and social policies, 

I put together a series of images I created that were impressed on me by the spectacle of the President's behavior. My thoughts were moderated by the thoughts in the Old Testament book of Job.



"Call now, if there be any that will answer thee; and to which of the saints wilt thou turn?

For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one.

 I have seen the foolish taking root: but suddenly I cursed his habitation.

 His children are far from safety, and they are crushed in the gate, neither is there any to deliver them.

 Whose harvest the hungry eateth up, and taketh it even out of the thorns, and the robber swalloweth up their substance.

 Although affliction cometh not forth of the dust, neither doth trouble spring out of the ground;

 Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.

 I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause" : Job Chapter 5: 1-8.

The book of Job fascinates me.  I'm amazed at the literary quality of the story written long ago during the bronze age. The plot and the theme are worthy of current consideration.  The dramatic work J.B. is an example of such a consideration from the near past.  

The theme of Job presents a story that seeks to come to grips with existence in the face of existence seemingly seeking to exterminate Job. Since Job represents the human condition by that token the story of Job represents the condition of you and me as well.

 You would not want to be in Job's shoes, but in a sense our condition is not much better.  Job was left sitting in a pile of ashes scraping boils that covered his entire body. While he was doing this his 'friends' spent their time trying to convince him that his problems were his own damned fault and that he had better shape up or else! 

On top of that Job had a wife who urged him to kill himself to avoid suffering. 

Job's sentiments in all of this are summed up in the following words. Job 19:25-27

 "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me."


With the chaos in the U.S caused by Donald Trump's policies, asking "what the hell is going on, why is existence doing this to us?" is a question everyone should find an answer to. 

 Good luck.  Have a nice day.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.