Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Serving Of Dreams

Over the last couple of months I made a fairly large amount of pictures.  Some of them I set aside into a collection I decided to name "A Serving Of Dreams"

I chose the name because of the surreal nature of many of the images.  A good number of them are inspired by the New Testament book of Revelation. 

The book of Revelation itself is filled with fantastic imagery including dragons, angels, mysterious beasts, ecological collapse, economic collapse, warfare and wanton women. So it is a good place to be stimulated and get ideas for some very unusual pictures. The  two pictures below were inspired by Revelation 19:17

"And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;"


The pictures below are titled "Angel In The Sun" and "Hell's Kitchen".






I included my original "Fire People" characters Jack and Qkjea in some and added some new figures.  

All my work begins with photography.  Then it is transformed using Paint.net which is a free and excellent photo editing software program.  My pictures are taken either with a Canon Rebel or earlier model Canon powershot or my Samsung telephone.  

Enjoy the video.





Art by David H. Roche

(C) 2014

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.