Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

A Christian's Prayer (poetry)



I had to write this poem today.  For better or worse it is written.   I wrote it after a conversation with someone who calls herself a Christian.  She wanted to know why I helped someone when I always ran out of money before the end of the month.   


A Christian Prayer

Let me share your burden,
I think of it as mine.
I know it's heavy.
It might crush the both of us,
but let's try. 

----------------------------------------------------------

As I  thought of her remarks this wonderful song by Eric Clapton came to mind.  "Have You Ever Loved A Woman?"




and after that the sentiments of Jesus of Nazareth spoke to me.  Read them below.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man

lay down his life for his friends." 


Poetry and photography by David H. Roche 

(C) 2015


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.