Total Pageviews

Friday, August 25, 2017

Morning Meditation


Morning Meditation





Shortly after sunrise
I picked  five small tomatoes
to be sliced
added to rice and chicken
and served with bread, cheese and cranberry juice
which reminded me
to take a package of pork chops from the freezer
for tomorrow.

I don't even know if there will be a tomorrow.
Whenever I check it's always NOW!
Frankly I'm becoming suspicious
of this 'tomorrow' concept.

If NOW turns out to be
            tomorrow
what does that say about
           yesterday?

What does that say about NOW?



Whether it's now, yesterday or tomorrow 
      those pork chops will be eaten.

        That's the important thing.


art and poetry by David H. Roche 

(C) 2017

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.