Total Pageviews

Friday, August 11, 2017

Thank You Lord (poetry)

4





Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, 
and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Let him drink, and forget his poverty, 
and remember his misery no more. 
Proverbs 31.
8


That's what the bible says.

I wrote the poem below after reading my bible and being lead by the Spirit to bend down and look in the back of the refrigerator. 

I could hardly believe my eyes,
there were four pints of beer in the fridge 
after drinking six: 
and the seventh
was better than the first.

So I wrote the poem below
and praised God for His wisdom.



Thank You Lord 
(for the four forgotten pints)

Imagine finding
      four forgotten pints
             in the back of the fridge
                on a day that hasn't ended
   after drinking six.

       I praise your wisdom
        allowing me to forget
           the four forgotten pints
               you lead me to remember
          today.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.