Total Pageviews

Friday, August 03, 2018

Go Catch A Mouse: note to the cats on the porch (Poetry)


  
Go Catch A Mouse:
 note to the cats on the porch


All I can say is
"Go catch a mouse"
to the cats peering through the glass door…

The three cats come morning and evening and sit
looking through the glass until
I open the door
and pour food into their bowl 
but tonight I have to say:

"There's more in the morning
but no more tonight…
go catch a mouse.

I managed your food along with mine as good as I could.
It lasted almost until I could buy some more
and if you catch a mouse tonight tomorrow Social Security comes
and I can go to the store
and buy butter and chicken and cat food and bird seed …
I'm out of everything too."

( C)David H. Roche 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.