Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 08, 2013

The President Has Trimmed The Christmas Tree ( a poem) UPDATE


The President Has Trimmed The Christmas Tree


The President has trimmed the Christmas tree
a symbol of hope
for those so cold it hurts.

Poverty hurts,
unemployment
and hunger hurts too.

Congress took food from the mouth of the poor
and now it hurts even more
since the President has trimmed the Christmas tree.

a poem by David H. Roche



After writing this poem, which I edited this morning, I got an email from the White House telling me all about the wonderful Christmas and good food the President and his family would have.  This note came along with it.  


Here's what we're doing for the holidays:
Folks across the country are getting ready for the holidays. We're celebrating here at the White House, too -- and we want you to be a part of it.


Go ahead and look at it.  It looks to me like there will be a lot of good food to eat. I didn't notice any ice on the White House windows.  That means he can afford to heat as well as eat.  Not everyone in this country can afford both. He must be doing well for himself.

I woke up this morning with an old Bobby Darin tune "Artificial Flowers" running through my mind.  Take a listen.




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.