Total Pageviews

Friday, January 31, 2014

A Word From Your Elected Representatives In Washington (A poem)

A Word From Your Elected Representatives In Washington

At the end of the month the politicians agreed:
"See we took your food stamps don't bother me
with your hunger pains
and tales of sleeping in the rain.

You're good for nothing
if you can't pay your way
You're a waste of my time
a blight on my day.

No one in Washington sees your tears
and no one cares if you cry
no one cares if you jump in the river,
why don't you jump in the river and die?

Get a job,
get a job
take care of yourself you lazy stiff
and you'll be rich you see,
you'll be in the sunshine
with plenty to eat just like me."
-----------------------------------------------------

A podcast of this poem is available for download at Buzzsprout.  Click here.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.