Total Pageviews

Friday, March 09, 2012

Unless It Turns Out Jesus Lied (a pro peace poem based on John 17)

Click on the title to read John 17.


Unless It Turns Out Jesus Lied: (a pro peace poem based on John 17)




A Christian
not a pacifist
is an almost virgin bride,
unless it turns out
Jesus lied.

(Matt. 5:38 - 48)


The quandary:

Loving the ‘other’ as myself is doubtful
without Christ, the mirror,
where I see
the eyes of the ‘other’
looking back at me.

(Gal. 3: 27, 28)

A confession of faith:

Yes I love you as myself;
to be 'in Christ’ means
harming you harms me
if Christ is true
and we are free.

In Christ I know
war is fratricide;
unless it turns out
Jesus lied.

(Matthew 25: 31-46)



Poem by David H. Roche (C) 2012 a Clear Running Water state of mind



The reason the poem was written.
This poem is the result of coming to faith in Christ. It was very difficult for me because I was raised in a traditional Christian family who repeated to me what someone had caused them to believe.

Growing up I liked Jesus despite the fact he was eavesdropping on my thoughts and writing things down to hold against me at a future date. But it was touch and go and I was also terrified he would return and kill me. Somehow I knew he was okay.

In my particular religious format Jesus was explained poorly. As I expanded my looking into the matter I found it was not only a problem associated with my denomination it was embedded in the nature of the Christian church itself.

At the age of 58 I said to myself one day I cannot accept that the earth was made in 144 hours anymore. That is exactly what the spiritual authorities of my former denomination teach to this day. The earth was made in 6 literal contiguous 24 hour days. When I realized I had been convinced to believe that it dawned on me people can be made to believe the most obviously absurd things.

I felt as if I had been duped by religion and I despised it not knowing how else to relate to it. However I still knew deep inside of my heart that there was something in Jesus that was calling me. I had to struggle a long time internally. But it was worthwhile.

I found so many parallels in the teaching of Jesus in the thought of Lao Tzu, Buddhist philosophy; native religion and Vedic thought that my faith in Christ sprang to life again. I guess I was truly born again.

From 2004 until the present the understanding I have wanted seems to have been revealed in the Messianic traditions of the earth and seeing the parallels to my Christian tradition I understood how they fit with the knowledge of Christ.

I despise religion even more today, but now for reasons I understand. Religion is designed to keep people from growing in the knowledge of Christ. To say it plainly religion functions as an anti-Christ.

"Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:"
Ephesians 1: 9-11 KJV public domain.


I urge you to read the bible texts associated with the poem.




Somehow I knew this would be true and as far as I can see it is. And the best part is that it undermines the mind control like authority that ordinary religion depends on and by which it darkens the gospel of Christ. Believers are truly liberated.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.