Total Pageviews

Friday, April 06, 2012

Daffodil Weirdness

I took two photos of one daffodil and from it came numerous images. Here are a few. I would like to explain the process I engage in when I begin to alter a picture such as this daffodil.

I begin with the understanding that unlimited potential is at my disposal. More accurately the limitation is my software, whatever that happens to be; but the 'effect', at present, is of being unlimited.

The daffodil was blooming along the opposite side of this pond. (Click on any of the photographs to enlage them.)













The image below is a horizontal view and while it is not evident now, this defines the flower for you in your mind. A photograph taken seconds before (or later does it matter?) allows another look. Differences of perspective are increments of reality.





I began to monkey with the picture above. The detail takes on some emphasis after adding the feeling of moonlight and sharpening.




The next development is a quantum leap... (so to speak). I like this one a lot. I applied the polar inversion tool and this appeared after playing with it.

A transformative metamorphosis of perception occurs within this process. No added data is included. The changes result from the rearrangement of current data into something other than the original. Think about that.

The software lends a sense of automatic writing or auguring. speaking of imminent possibilities; a tortoise shell baked in a fire... or, as in this case, a daffodil at the edge of a pond!

I have heard of sculptors who claim to see the image in the rock and that they release it with their hammer and chisel. I find images like this hiding in a lovely flower blossom and coax them out with software. Can't help but think it is a similiar art / technology.



Here is another image of the daffodil. I edited it by zooming in and positioning it. There is a sense of inner light that is present.



All images and text (C) 2012 David H. Roche

a Clear Running Water state of mind

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.