Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trucking My Blues Away

I began with an image of a rusted railroad car. As I worked on it the theme of the blog, Trucking My Blues Away, came to mind. The final image seems to capture the feeling. If you click on the images they enlarge.


I began to monkey with it and found this lurking in the rust.


It is quite a bit of fun to discover what is hidden in an image. I find potential in shapes, designs, angles and colors. The white portion in the upper background was removed and the bridge image with a darker background was put in its place.


At this point I decided to add my logo character to the scene as the concept I was uncovering began to reveal itself. It is now a night scene.


I liked how it turned out. Adding the bridge changed the entire sense of the picture. The thought of trucking through the night alone brought this old song by Bob Dylan to mind.

In the final version I added a 'Spirit Bird' and a full moon. The 'Spirit Bird' is an image I captured while at Crater Lake. I use it often as a symbol of 'Spirit'. The moon I took the picture of at the end of the driveway. I use the moon image often also.


Images and text (C) 2012 by David H. Roche
a Clear Running Water state of mind.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A practitioner of the art of living with the intent of learning how to die without fear.